Thursday, August 25, 2005

Now That's a Spicy Meatball

Gees, what a little hitting will do.

Padres 7, Astros 4.

But what's great about this score is that Padre relievers had a little trouble in the eighth, had trouble with the last out, and Astros scored two; but because the Padres actually scored some runs, they weathered the storm and got the win.

The singular problem with this team, the reason we are the side-show curiosity of MLB, the reason Padre Mike has more grey hair then usual, the reason we are at merely 500 is THE LACK OF CLUTCH HITTING, period!

Oh, we get men on base and hit a solo HR occasionally, but we do little else offensively. And I know I'm supposed to offer up a boat-load of stats at this point to back up my point, but I don't have the time. I'm writing this on the sly at work with my boss breathing down my neck and deadline are looming.

So trust me, I'm probably right about this. We don't hit much.

So last night was a breath of fresh air. Hitting, clutch hitting.

Now we get a day off to kill our momentum and its back to 2-run games and 15 LOBs...just kidding.

....And the Technical Widgets Convention starts in Las Vegas next week and it should be a dandy with over 500 companies showing their products. The XXXXX (name removed for security reasons) booth will be in the center of the action....sorry, the boss just came by, heh.

Please, Padre hitters, keep hitting with MISP and the rest of the season and subsequent playoffs will be joyful.

Go Padres!

Padre Mike

Notes:

1. Had to turn off the TV last night so I could get some work done. The baseboard in the den is complete. I just carry a transistor radio in the tool belt. TV rots your brain.

2. Six-man roster. Never heard of that before. Guess that makes sense. We shall see. Glad to have Eaton back, though.

3. Was so excited the other day, got a few comments on a post. Turned out to be SPAM. They are spamming the comment sections of obscure baseball blogs. What next?

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2005 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

read, no write. Just coming out of my little hole in the ground just to say thanks & keep up. There are creatures like me who come by and read what you got to say. Happy typing.

 
At August 26, 2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Padre Mike said...

Thanks guys, at least your not spamming me. Wish I could be more positive about the dres, but they just aren't playing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home