Nady 4 Cameron-My Quick Take
I like the deal except for one thing...can Cameron play after that terrible collision? He used to be able to play pretty well, which makes me suspicious about why the Mets would want to give him up for a so so guy like Nady. Hmmm.
Did you read about what he broke on that smashup? Cheek bones, nose, orbital sockets. Maybe something in his psyche too, no? That center field wreck was nasty. Will he be able to stand in the batters' box without thinking about it?
I'm sure he will pass a physical and an eye test...but I think Kevin should get him out on the field, maybe in one of the winter leagues to see if the guy still can strap it on.
Anyway, good luck to Nady.
1. Since we are getting rid of all our minor league/draft experiments, a Boroughs trade can't be far behind.
2. I hope Cameron isn't expecting Klesko to protect him.
3. Of course, we are gonna sign Hoffman. Can you imagine him getting the Save lead with another team, no?
4. Roberts to the bench, who will lead off?
BLaw for Vinny Castillo...WTF, Over?
Well, I've ranted about this already at DS comments, so not much point in rehashing all it again except to say, IT SUCKS!
But let me go into another rant about the theory that Vinny will pull fans from south of the 94 and south of the 905. BS! Padre fans, no matter where they live, want a competitive team at minimum and a winning team if possible. To suggest that somebody from Mexico Norte is gonna load the family and head to Petco to see the great Vinny Castilla play, is a load of horseshit. Fernando was different because he was a true legend to baseball fans and in particular to Hispanics.
Our friends to the South are gonna load up the family to see a winning Padre team play. So, lets drop the "Vinny will attract fans from the South" meme, right now.
Gees, and I thought the political propaganda was thick.
Hell, he may turn out to be a decent pickup, but the whole idea of it smacks of desperation. And if I were the owner of the Padres, and I am much of the time in my own mind, I would not have allowed that deal to go down. Padre MikeNotes:
1. Trevor. Not sure what the deal is there. Agent playing games of course. Trevor "cleaning out his locker." To be honest, if Trevor himself walks, I'm nor heart broken. But what would bother me is to see him eclipse the save record in another uni. Tough call.